In Lesson 4 of GEOG 868 I completed a site selection using PostGIS.
In Lesson 3 of GEOG 868 I played around with PostgreSQL and PostGIS for the first time. For the project at the end you are given a
class_roster.txt file that contains a list of students and their postal codes. The task was to join that with data provided earlier in the lesson and then plot the students’ locations on a map in QGIS. Here’s how I went about doing that.
A bit of a lull in GEOG 868 progress in the last week, as I crammed the prerequisites for the NASA ARSET course I mentioned last week.
I attended the first session yesterday and enjoyed my second bout of playing with Google Earth Engine (GEE), having played with it briefly during one of the prerequisite courses. The remaining sessions are on the 4th, 9th and 11th August, with a homework assignment due by the 25th. There is plenty to learn about the world of remote sensing, to say the least, but I won’t be spending too much time focused on it just now. If / when I decide to take my Oxford Uni assignment any further then I’ll revisit this stuff. For now I shall be turning my focus back to my spatial database management course.