Oops, my first late weeknote! I intended to get it done at the weekend rather than on Wednesday like usual, but that has ended up slipping over to today, Monday. Anyway. What GIS things did I get up to since my last post?
- I finished the Lesson 3 Project for GEOG 868: Mapping the Class Roster
- I finished my NASA ARSET homework (so I’ll try and write a little something about that soon)
- I listened to 3 Mapscaping podcasts
- I started weaving in the cartography stuff element of my GIS curriculum that I mentioned a few weeks ago
- specifically, I started reading the first lesson of another PennState course: GEOG 486 Cartography and Visualization
Unrelated to GIS stuff, I also started refreshing my memory on object-oriented programming (OOP) with python. I’m doing this by way of extending an idea and script I call “ankibox” (which I mentioned way back in My ever changing notetaking system) with a new script that is based on classes and such like.
I’m more familiar with dissecting existing python scripts and applications that are written in an OOP manner than writing my own from scratch, so I’m looking forward to the challenge of designing and iterating on the structure of things.